Requirement ASME for Design Calculation

Design calculation of steam boiler should be performed carefully. Engineers who have responsibility to design steam boiler shall have good understanding about requirement ASME BPV Section I not only for materials, but also for design calculation.

Design calculation ideally should follow ASME Code. The following below is summary of requirement ASME for design calculation:

- General Design, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 16
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 21
- Loading on Steam Boiler, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 22
- Stress Value for Calculation Formula, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 23 and ASME BPV Section II Part D
- Calculation Formula for Tube Up To 5 in Outside Diameter, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 27.2.1
- Calculation Formula for Piping, Drums and Headers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 27.2.2
- Thickness Greater Than One-Half the Inside Radius of Component, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 27.2.3
- Welded Access or Inspection Openings under External Pressure, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 28
- Dished Head Design and Calculation, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 29
- Design Stayed Dished Head, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 30
- Design Unstayed Flat Heads and Covers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 31
- Design Calculation for Opening in Shells, Headers, and Heads, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 32.1
- Design Shape of Opening, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 32.2
- Design Size of Opening, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 32.3
- Design Compensation Required for Opening in Shells and Formed Heads, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 33
- Design Flanged in Openings in Formed Heads, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 34
- Design Compensation Required for Opening in Flat Heads, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 35
- Design Limit of Metal Available for Compensation, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 36
- Design Strength of Compensation, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 37
- Design Compensation for Multiple Openings, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 38
- Minimum Thickness and Maximum Working pressure for Stayed Flat Plates, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 46.1
- Design Calculation of Ligaments, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 52 and PG 53
- Boiler External Piping and Boiler Proper Connection, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 58
- Nondestructive Examination Requirements, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PW 11
- Heat Treatment Process, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PW 38 and PW 39

No comments: