Requirement ASME for Material

ASME BPV stand for American Society of Mechanical Engineer Boiler and Pressure Vessel, it has requirements to set material will be used for steam boiler. ASME BPV Section I and Section II has important role to regulate the using of material. ASME BPV section II has four parts; each part explain about ferrous material specifications, nonferrous material specifications, specification for welding rods electrodes and filler metals, and explain about properties respectively.

The following below is summary sub chapter which can be known about material to be used in steam boiler:

# Material Specification, see ASME BPV Section II Part D
# Carbon Content for Cutting and Construction Process, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PW 5.2
# Welding Filler Metal and Electrodes, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PW 5.4
# Material Size Limits and Tolerance, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 5.4
# Plate Specifications, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 6
# Material Forging, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 7
# Material Casting, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 8
# Pipe, Tubes, and Pressure Containing Parts, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 9
# Material Identified with or Produced to a Specification Not Permitted by This Section, and Material Not Fully Identified, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 10
# Miscellaneous Pressure Parts, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 11
# Gage Glass Body and Connector Material, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 12
# Stays, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PG 13
# Material Steam Boiler which is Fabricated by Brazing, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PB
# Material for Water Tube Boilers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PWT 5
# Material for Fire Tube Boilers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PFT 5
# Material for Miniature Boilers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PMB 5
# Material for Electric Boilers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PEB 5
# Material for Organic Fluid Vaporizers, see ASME BPV Section I sub chapter PVG 5

No comments: